Monday, June 27, 2005

Maine

As most people who read this know, I live in Maine. And of course you know that hasn't always been the case. After two years here I would have thought that the differences here would soon begin to fade and that I would just settle into everything. Not so.

My family and I went out to try a new restaurant yesterday. Don't get me wrong, the food was good, but can I just say BLAND. I'm not even sure they salted any of it. To most people here that would have gone unnoticed, but of course, not to me.

Then there is the school year. No one here thinks it's strange that their children are in school until June 23 or later. Years later, and I mean years later, I can't imagine not being out of school in May.

Then again I never thought I would be married with a child and living in Maine. Yet here I am going on eight years being married, a 6 year old daughter, living just about as far north as you can in the United States and loving every minute of it.

If you had asked me at 22 what I would be doing at almost 32, I can bet not one of those instances would have come up.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I never new what a blog was. I had heard about it but didnt know. Sounds just like me right?

Well do they eat different stuff than we do here in Maine? even though they dont know what Tony's is?

11:59 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

You got on there Leslie, thanks so much and keep reading!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Okay anonymous I'm not sure if it sounds like you or not, since I don't know who you are! :)

The food itself is pretty much the same, it's just the way it's seasoned and prepared.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home